The mission of the Ulster County Department of Mental Health is to ensure that all Ulster County residents with mental health challenges, struggling with substance use, or with developmental disabilities receive the services they need to achieve the best quality of life.
Ulster County Service Recovery Center Hotline: (845) 443-8888
Ulster County Mobile Mental Health: (844) 277-4820 10am-10pm 7 days a week.
Behavioral Health Urgent Care (Mental Health & Substance Use) 368 Broadway Suite 205 in Kingston. 10am-6pm Mon-Fri in person, 24-7 virtually. (888) 750-2266 Option 2.
Interim Commissioner of Mental Health: Tara McDonald, LMSW, MPA (845) 340-4110
LGU Program Supervisors: Katrina Williams, LCSW-R, CASAC (845) 340-4143 & Kezia Pierce, LCSW-R (845) 340-4161
Deputy Director for Administration/Fiscal for Health & Mental Health: Kristin Carney, MBA (845) 340–4110
LOCAL GOVERNMENTAL UNIT
The Ulster County Department of Mental Health (UCDMH) is designated under NYS Mental Hygiene Law as the Local Governmental Unit (LGU). The LGU has a role in overseeing publicly funded services for people with mental health, substance use disorder and developmental disabilities within Ulster County’s behavioral health system.
ASSISTED OUTPATIENT TREATMENT (AOT)
Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT) or Kendra’s Law provides for either voluntary or court-ordered treatment for adults who have a mental illness and who may have difficulty living safely in the community without supervision. AOT assists with priority assignment to treatment, case management services, and when applicable, housing services. More information can be found on the NYSOMH website. For further information contact the AOT Coordinator at (845) 340-4110.
SINGLE POINT OF ACCESS (SPOA)
SPOA is a New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) initiative that facilitates timely access and linkage to care management and other supportive services for adults, youth and families. SPOA services are designed to promote recovery and are personally tailored and responsive to individual needs and preferences.
For more information, please call (845) 340-4110 or e-mail dmh[at]co.ulster[dot]ny.us.
Click here for a 6 minute informative video on Ulster County SPOA.
Ulster County SPEAK (Suicide Prevention, Education, Awareness & Knowledge) Coalition
Ulster County SPEAK is a coalition of community partners working to educate others about the warning signs and what you can do to prevent suicide. For more info: click here.
Family of Woodstock 24 Hour Crisis Hotline: Call/Text: (845) 679-2485
Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1 (800) 273-TALK (8255)
Crime Victim Assistance Program: (845) 340-3442
Looking for counseling?
Ulster County Department of Mental Health no longer provides clinical services, but we’re here to help you find the right provider. Below is a list of NYS OMH licensed programs.
- Family Services, Inc. (845) 486-2703 (adults only)
- The Institute for Family Health (845) 338-2562
- Astor Services for Children & Families (845) 340-4105
More intensive programs:
- Pine Grove Center (845) 339-4733 (Adults)
- DSS Coordinated Children’s Services (CCS/NEXIS/MST) (845) 334-5050
- HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley - Partial Hospitalization (845) 334-3120 (Adults), (845) 334-3110 (Youth)
- Astor Services for Children & Families - Partial Hospitalization (845) 554-1365
- Rockland Children’s Psychiatric Center: School-Based Clinic (Port Ewen) (845) 339-8707 (May self-refer), School-Based Clinic & Day Treatment Center (Saugerties) (845) 246-0134 (Must be referred by school CSE)
Looking for help with addiction?
For detox and inpatient programs, please click here.
- Step One Kingston (845) 834-7300, Highland (845) 691-9191, Ellenville (845) 647-5400
- The Bridge Back at HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley (845) 943-6091
Recovery support services:
- Ulster County Family Advocate (845) 458-7455 (Help navigating treatment options, guidance and support)
- ORACLE (Opioid Reponse As County Law Enforcement) (888) 996-0940 (A rapid response team sponsored by the UC Sheriff’s Office)
- Samadhi Recovery Resource Center (855) 726-2344 (Peer led and mindfulness-based practices support for freedom from addiction)
- Catholic Charities Centers of Treatment Innovation (COTI) (845) 281-8478 (A team of peers and clinicians will support you and your family regardless of where you are at in the process of recovery)
- People USA (845) 452-2728 (24/7 Warm Line for Crisis Respite & Peer Support)
- Alcoholics Anonymous (845) 331-6360 Narcotics Anonymous (845) 431-9011
Looking for other support?
- Mental Health Association Wellness Center (845) 339-9090
- NAMI Mid-Hudson (845) 206-9892 NAMI NYS Helpline 1 (800) 950-3228
For more Ulster County resources, visit www.wellnessrecovery.org (A public service maintained by Mental Health Association in Ulster County Inc.)
Not sure what you need? Call us at (845) 340-4110. We will do our best to help.