Basic Contact Information
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 9 AM to 5 PM
Ulster County Planning Department
244 Fair Street
P.O. Box 1800
Kingston, NY 12402
Main Phone: (845) 340-3340
Fax: (845) 340-3429
Dennis Doyle, Director
Phone: (845) 340-3340
Marianne Davis, Administrative Assistant
Phone: (845) 340-3340 | Email: mdav[at]co.ulster.ny[dot]us
Robert A. Leibowitz, AICP, Principal Planner and Referral Officer
Phone: (845) 340-3337 | Email: rlei[at]co.ulster.ny[dot]us
Burt Samuelson, AICP, Senior Planner
Phone: (845) 339-2490 | Email: bsam[at]co.ulster.ny[dot]us
Brian Slack, Principal Transportation Planner
Phone: (845) 334-5590 | Email: bsla[at]co.ulster.ny[dot]us
David Staas, Senior Transportation Planner
Phone: (845) 334-5508 | Email: dsta[at]co.ulster.ny[dot]us
Click Here to create directions Using Map Quest or follow the directions listed below:
The UCPB offices are on the 3rd floor of the Ulster County Office Building (244 Fair St).
From NORTH (Albany) or SOUTH (NYC): take I-87 to Exit 19 (Kingston),
- From Exit 19 of the NYS Thruway, enter roundabout.
- Travel around the roundabout to Colonel Chandler Drive(I-587)
- Take Chandler Drive(I-587) east until its intersection with Albany Avenue.
- Turn right onto Albany Avenue;
- Turn Right at light onto Clinton Avenue;
- Proceed one block and make a left onto Main Street;
- The six story glass building on your left is the Ulster County Office Building.
- Parking is available in the county parking lot or at metered spaces on the street for a nominal fee.
Mass Transit Options
Please contact Ulster County Area Transit at (845) 340-3333